The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

Front load washing machine, it appears that the front tub assembly

Front load washing machine, it appears that the front tub assembly is worn out, the washing tub is very loos and moves around during spinning. There seems to be about 3/4 inch of play. It looks like the plastic on the front tub has worn out and pieces are coming off of it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.
If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't.

If there is that much play in the front of the unit then the main bearing at the back of the tub is shot.

This is about as major of a repair as you can get with front loading machines. It requires that you remove the drum completly from the unit and then requires special tools to remove and replace the bearings.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but considering that the labor for this job runs well over $500.00 you might want to consider purchaseing a new unit.

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not please click on "ACCEPT".
Thank you.