Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a 48 Duel Fuel Monogram oven. Recently I ran the self

Customer Question

I have a 48" Duel Fuel Monogram oven. Recently I ran the self clean cycle and it did nothing. I had a service technician come out and they said everything was fine but I don't think it's reaching the temperatures it should to clean the oven. Now, yesterday I ran the proof setting on the small companion oven and it got so hot that it started cooking the dough. I put a thermometer in it and ran it and it got up to 250F! Could this be a thermostat issue and is there one thermostat that runs both ovens? Thank you so much, Stacy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to giving you a better understanding of your repair today..Yes it could be..Each oven has its own thermostat..If you look up into the upper back right hand corner you will see the thermostat.This could also be a relay on the ovens computer.But i would look towards the thermostat first.I also recommend to my customers not to use the self clean..As the extreme heat can and will damage the components in the doorlock and on the computer..Which is a expensive fix.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So are you saying BOTH thermostats went at the same time? I get the thermostat on the big oven might be the problem with the self clean but is that also the problem with the proof setting on the little oven?
Is the temperature normal when you bake in the big oven..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think so...things do tend to take longer than recipes call for but it does cook.
Put it this way.If you are having temp problems on both units..Chances of the thermostats going bad at the same time are slim...Which would leave one one other component ..The ovens computer.The sensors job is to regulate the temperature inside the oven according to the set temperature.It tells the computer when to send power to the elements...Normally what you would do mis test the thermostats .Like i said both being faulty at the same time is not likely...From what you are explaining it sounds like a flaky computer.
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
CLICK HERE FOR THE OVENS COMPUTER This basically the brains of the oven.Also once you use the accept option today..Please stop by and leave some feedback for my time helping you on your question ...If you have any more questions please ask..Thanks Bob