Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Hi, A service man came out to fix my GE profile dishwasher.

Hi, A service man came out to fix my GE profile dishwasher. It is plugged into a electric plug that is behind the washer.The repair man told me I have to get an electrician to come and wire the dishwasher and not use the electric outlet. He said there is not enough air behind the washer and the plug could over heat and start a fire. He proceeded to pull off all of the cotten sound insulation in the back of the machine.
Do I need to get an electrician to rewire, hard wire the dishwasher? thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

You can have a plug for the dishwasher, there is no reason to have it rewired to make it permanent, I see a lot of customers use plug in for them.

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech