Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have an Amana bottom freezer refrigerator (ARB8057CSR). Came

I have an Amana bottom freezer refrigerator (ARB8057CSR). Came home yesterday to find everything in the freezer defrosted and the refrigerator not cold. We vacumuned the coils and tried to restart. It just keeps making a clicking noise - no cold air.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Is the fan motor running inside the freezer?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My husband thinks it was - we turned off the frig last night.

Can you pull out the unit from the wall and look at the compressor? This is the large black item that cools the unit, and see if it says EMBARCO or has a picture of a BLUE INDIAN on the it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok - we are checking now. Have to take off the back of the unit again.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It has a blue indian head

I am sorry to tell you that the compressor is SHOT, Amana had a lot of problems with this compressor, I was hoping for it to say EMBARCO which would only require a new overload to repair it, The compressor to have it replaced is going to cost over $400 to have it installed depending where you live. You will be better off buying a new unit than having this one repaired.

however if you think you want it repaired you can call A&E Factory Service @ 1.800.905.9505 as they are an authorized AMANA repair center for you unit...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help. We are going to look for a new unit.
Have a Happy New year, and thank you for the nice bonus for my help

Chas