Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

Our Bosch Dishwasher (bought just over a year ago) is not getting

Customer Question

Our Bosch Dishwasher (bought just over a year ago) is not getting items, particularly on the upper level, clean. It is depositing residue on the inside of glasses and cups.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 6 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. Does it leave a white film on the dishes?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not a white film but grit that looks like ground up food and leftover dishwashing detergent (when we use the powder). This problem is worse for items on teh top rack especially things shaped like glasses and cups (less of a problem for bowls).
Do me a favor and look at your detergent box. Does it say phosphate free? If you use cascade it might say it on the bottom of the box.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Both the Cascade liquid and the Trader Joes brand powder are phosphate free. We understand that there have been changes to requirements for dishwashing detergent and can live with removing the tea and other stains ourselves, but the grit left behind in the cups and glasses seems to be a different kind of problem.
No the grit left on the dishes is related to the soap. Finish makes a product called glass magic. It contain 21% phosphate. This stuff really works. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't understand how this product could remove the leftover herbs that were in our cups this morning.
Phosphate are what attach's the soap to the grit and brakes it down. Here is a video that might help explain it. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. That is helpful. I note that the article suggests trying a cup of vinegar. Can you tell me where we should put it?
I dont recommend vintager because it will dry out the seals but if you want just pour it in the bottom. I recommend the glass magic.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK thanks.
Your welcome. Good luck