Serviceman Kris
Serviceman Kris, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  19 years in the appliance service industry. I can answer any question you may have with any brand.

Hi, I have a Westinghouse 557 Oven. Everything works but the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Westinghouse 557 Oven.
Everything works but the oven. Several times before, when we've had blackouts, the oven didn't turn on until I pressed the mode button. But unfortunately thats not working this time. I used it last night - was working fine (and we didn't have a blackout) but for some unknown reason it won't turn on. The fan in the oven is working but not the element?? The stove is only 2 years old, so it shouldn't need a new element yet?? I cannot find my manual for the oven so was just wondering whether you could advise me what I could try.

Thanks Deb Mullins
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Serviceman Kris replied 5 years ago.

Serviceman Kris :

It is possible that the main control board is damaged. I would start by checking the power into the unit and making sure that you have proper voltage there. Please be very careful doing this. also inspect the power cord and ther terminal block (where power cord hooks to on stove)... let me know what you find