Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

Hopefully U will be able to assist me. I have a silver

Customer Question

Hopefully U will be able to assist me.

I have a silver stainless fridge ( numbers on it in case this helps are: E 249T, ERF 177740, near the bar code, 21919 EMY 45 R) and a beeper keeps going off as if it is waring me the door has been left open but it isn't. If i open the door and slam it the beeper stops for
awhile and then will start at at random, often in the middle of the night. IT repeats occasionally with 3 beeps then becomes a constant alarm sound.

Please advise what i may do to fix this as i'm otherwise very content with the fridge. Does it need singing to, some TLC, a kiss and hug for the NY -obviously it s a girl seeking more attention ?

Cheers, Christopher.
Chris Chapman
(mob: 0419 994 829)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.

Justin :

On the model number tag, please specify what is the model, what is the serial and what is the product code. It sounds like your door switch might be intermittently opening when the door is closed.

Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
I switched out of live chat to Q and A because you weren't online. No problem, just reply here at your convenience and I hope you're enjoying the new year. :)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Where do i find the model number tag ~ i provided in my first email all the numbers i could see that were written on a label on the outside of the fridge at the back at the bottom.

If it is the switch that you suggest that is faulty, how do i fix it; how do i stop the incessant beeping ( other than turning the fridge off at the power source, which i've had to do at night)?

Chris.
Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
Most model number tags are inside the fresh food section on the liner. I can't tell you anything regarding the refrigerator without the model, serial and product code. It's the only way I know what product you have.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Justin; this is a tad disappointing.

I've now looked at the fresh food section and found all the numbers i gave you in my first email.

So, here we go again:
Model E 249T
Product 21919
Serial No.; ERF 177740
Series D

As you'll see i gave you this info in my initial email albeit i sourced it off the adhesive label on the outside at the back ~ it should have been enough for you to sort it out.

So, what do you now suggest to fix this beeping noise ?

Chris.
Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
I opted out because I cannot match a product 21919 to the model number you listed. This is the reason I asked you to double check the first time, not to disappoint you, but because the one you listed doesn't match anything in Fisher and Paykel's system. I hope another expert can help. Good luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The last expert is not at all helpful. He cant solve my problem nor has the ability to refer me to someone who can.

Obviously the answer he has provided provided does not solve the problem.

Without leaving the fridge unplugged from its power source,how do i stop the beeping on the Fisher&Paykel fridge in my kitchen ?

Chris.
(mob: 0419 994 829)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Please see my comments above as to why i do not accept the answer provided.

Chris.