Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have 1993 GE range model JSP26. F1 (function error code)

I have 1993 GE range model JSP26. "F1" (function error code) appeared on display along with continuous beeping. Manual says to press clear/off pad. If that doesn't stop the beeping, then we should call for service. What would be causing this problem and is it something I can fix or do I need to call repair service. Would repair cost be so high that it would make more sense to buy a new range?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to giving you a better understanding of your repair today............The f1 error indicates a faulty keypad or computer...Check the ribbon connection at the computer..You can also remove the ribbon and clean the ends off with a pencil eraser. Sometimes this will fix the problem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I get access to the ribbon connection at the computer? Is this something I can do or do I need to call qualified repair service?
You would need to remove the front control panel..The panel is part of the keypad..It has a computer ribbon cable which plugs into the computer
# XXXXX is the ovens computer..# XXXXX is the panel..On some models the panel does not plug in..Then you would replace the computer itself...You did not give a complete model number..So that would have to be checked Once you remove the panel you will know wither or not yours does..It will either have a ribbon cable or it will not..If it does not replace the computer #16..Also once you use the accept option today..Please stop by and leave some feedback for my time helping you on your repair..Thanks Bob

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for delay in my response. I had to leave before I received your response, and I have just returned home. I have complete model is JSP31GP4WH. Does this help?

Great good model number..This oven does not have a separate keypad..You will need to replace the computer. CLICK HERE FOR PART