Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have a whirlpool dryer which has stopped working. When I

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool dryer which has stopped working. When I open the door the light inside does not come on. I checked the fuse box and there doesn't seem to be any issue with the switch. Would this indicate a bad outlet, or is the dryer itself the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to giving you a better understanding of your repair today............Does the panel light up..?
Have you checked the light bulb itself..?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My dryer doesn't have a panel that lights. It is the light inside that it off (I still have the dryer plugged in). I set it on any type of load and press the start button and nothing happens.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Should it matter if the light bulb is off? If it is just a burned out bulb the dryer should still work, right?

Ok then most likely you do not have power at the outlet behind the dryer..You would first need to check power at that point..Then power from there to the dryer at the back..You may have checked the breaker..But if there is a fault within the actual outlet you will not be getting power to the dryer..First check that to be sure...Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, Bob.
No problem..Goodluck on your repair..Thanks Bob