Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

My duet dryer just stopped working. The light is out inside.

My duet dryer just stopped working. The light is out inside. The front panel is working. I can clear everything and select a drying mode but when I push the start button the the machine beeps several times rapidly and the time display blinks. Any sugestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to giving you a better understanding of your repair today.........When display blinks what is it blinking..Is there a error code..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It blinks what ever time is set in. Like the door is open I guess. But I tried holding the door button in and it still won't start.
Ok sounds like the doorlock switch is giving you a problem.First look at the display..Is the control locked lit up on the display..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No it says out all the time. Also. I heard a small pop the last time I used it and I opened the door at the end of the cycle. The inside light went out and won't come back on.
Lets see if it will go into test mode try..

1. Be sure the dryer is in standby mode (plugged in with all
indicators off, or with only the DONE indicator on).
2. Select any three buttons and follow the steps below, using
the same buttons (remember the buttons and the order that
the buttons were pressed):
Within 8 seconds,
Press and Release the 1st selected button,
Press and Release the 2nd selected button,
Press and Release the 3rd selected button;
Repeat this 3 button sequence 2 more times.
If this test mode has been entered successfully, all indicators
on the console are illuminated for 5 seconds with 88showing
in the Estimated Time Remaining two-digit display. If there
are no saved fault codes, all indicators on the console will
momentarily turn off, then only the seven segment display
will come back on and display 88

Let me know what happens..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nothing happens. I tried several different combinations of 3 buttons.
Remove the front bottom panel screws along the very bottom . remove the panel..Look inside on the right side wall for a tech sheet taped to the wall...Follow the tech sheet and see if you can get it into diagnostics according to the tech sheet...Do you have a multi meter to do some testing..?
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair