Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

hi - my harmony dryer heats up then stops heating. I have cleaned

Customer Question

hi - my harmony dryer heats up then stops heating. I have cleaned out the vent in the past and the dryer started working again. This time the vent is clean and it is still happening. I heard what I think is the suction fan (not sure the right term) making an odd noise plus I am not getting the same air force out of the vent I used to. Could this fan need replaced??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to giving you a better understanding of your repair today....................From what you are explaining the blower wheel is faulty...It will begin to make a pretty good racket after awhile...One a scale from 1-10 it about a 7 for the average home owner.
Is the fan making any sound at all...I ask this because..If the dryer is not..Then the blower motor itself is faulty...You can tell this by checking the air flow at the back..If the air flow comes and goes and is not making a terrible racket, then its the motor that is faulty...Most dryers have the blower wheel mounted to the shaft of the drive motor(same motor that rotates the drum)...This dryer has its own separate motor...The motor sells for $154.00