Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have model numbrer SHY66C and am having problems with it

I have model numbrer SHY66C and am having problems with it draining. I have done the following:
1) Checked for kinks in the outlet hose
2) Cleaned the internal filters - both of them
3) Cleaned the inlet into the gargage disposal
4) Looked for obstruction in the bottom of the "well" in the unit

I have run Cancel and Drain now the unit will not shut off even when the door is open unless I press the off switch. I runs and runs.

I poured a glass of water in the dry well to see if there was any movement and the water seems to be circulating but not draining.

Any insights would be helpful
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How do you remove the unit. Can it be done from the top or does it need to be removed from the bottom?

Also if you blow back into the unit from the drain hose side, will air pass freely or is there valve that does not allow air to flow freely back up the drain hose into the unit (another words if I blow from the garbage disposal side back to the dishwasher will air pass freely)?

To access you would need to uninstall the entire dishwasher and remove the left side panel to gain access to the drain pump. And blowing back from the garbage disposal will not work because there is a check valve flap that won't let you blow back into the dishwasher (so that dirty water doesn't run back into the dishwasher after it has been drained out.