John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Blanco BIC63 installed two yrs ago by me (electrician) Large

Customer Question

Blanco BIC63 installed two yrs ago by me (electrician)
Large hotplate functions correctly.
The two small ones are sporadic in function. Sometimes perfect often not! Sometimes the display flashes between "F" and "4" or other numbers, no set pattern and they always fail together. If it failed completely I may have a better chance to repair.
Can you help?

Regards XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Check the condition of the contact surfaces both on the heat elements, and the receptacles. If you see signs of arcing and/or pitting, replace both the elements and the receptacles for better electrical contact.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi John,
The Blanco BIC63 is an induction type, it does not have heating elements (as such) i suspect the problem is intermittent in a circuit board, I need expert advive to pinpoint the actual probale cause. The expert i seek will need specific knowledge about my model and induction type heating appliances.

Regards XXXXX
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
I'm not that acquainted with the induction appliances. I'll opt out, and open the question to our other experts, who may be.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks John,
Have you opened the question to others already?

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
Yes, but it may take a bit of time, since it's New Year's Day.