Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Maytag QuietSeries 300 dishwasher. It does not clean

I have a Maytag QuietSeries 300 dishwasher. It does not clean dishes on the bottom rack very well. When I spin the lower rotor manually it hits the lower rack and stops which would be an idiotic design flaw. Have you heard of this before? Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 3 years ago.

May I get your units Model number to better assist you?

if you open the door the tag will be on the face frame.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MDB7600AWS

Thanks
when you turn the spray arm do you have anything on the lower rack ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I have tried it when empty so load weight is not the issue, and there are no apparent bent wheel mounts or anything like that. I wonder if the last repair person did not seat the rotor properly so that it is sitting up higher than it is supposed to
if you turn the unit on and it fills and starts to wash does the spray arm hit the lower rack?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

to the best of my knowledge yes
ok in the center of the lower spray arm ,is there a nut holding the arm in place.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is asterisk shaped. If I pull up on the arm there is about a 1/4" play
and if you spin the spray arm level it hits the lower rack correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes. It appears that at times it will continue in its rotation, but it is hitting the rack fairly solidly
and the bolts on the pump housing below the spray arm are all in place and tight?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes everything below is solid. BTW I have to drive my daughter to a party now I will return in 15 - 20 minutes

Thx!
ok I'll be on till ten EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm back.

ok good !

So everything seem solid and the lower rack is no bent or anything ,,HUMM!!!

Did this just start happening?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes all is solid. Dishes have been noticeably dirty for 6 months or so, we have just lived with it and cleaned them by hand. (I knew this would be a tough one remotely)

YOu got that right!!

And the lower rack seems to be setting down on the side tracks ok ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes a year or so ago Maytag sent me a new set of wheels unsolicited that were fatter so that the rack would stay on the tracks better. It does, but it just seems to sit a half inch too low......
and these roller assemblies can you raise and lower ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, i wish. it was just new fatter wheels that went on the same axles
silly question ,,,,do you have the old ones?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes - good question - maybe put them back on??

Yes !! and see if it makes a difference .

Some one might have sent you the wrong rollers.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I agree, and that might be the time juncture where the problem began...before I let you go, and I know you can;t my washer from a time zone away, any other tircks come to mind?
well we know the pump assembly did not rise up ,and it just started awhile ago , So the only thing that has changed is the rollers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Agreed. if I so endeavor, is the nut that secures the rotor the asterisk shaped thing, and can I remove the arm to clean it by removing that nut?

Thanks for your help

Have a great New Year

yes if you remove the nut the arm will lift right off .

No problem .

I was glad to assist you .

And Happy New Year also .

And thank you in advance.

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line