Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my maytag 5000 series front load washer keep showing F35 error.

my maytag 5000 series front load washer keep showing F35 error. What does this mean and how do i fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Look inside the washer tub. Is there a lot of water inside the tub or not?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no water inside the tub. Everything is still dry
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok then that means that your pressure switch has failed and will need to be replaced (also known as the water level switch). F35 means that it thinks your tub is flooding with water which is why it won't run a cycle. If you pull the washer out, you can remove the 2 or 3 screws coming in from the back holding on your top panel. Once these screws are removed the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. The pressure switch is located along the right side wall above the tub. It's round(ish) and has several wires going to it. It's the only part that has a small rubber hose connected to it. You'll want to replace this part.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Approx how much will this sensor cost to replace?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
the part itself is about $80 or so. If you wanted to call someone to have it replaced, they would likely charge you another $100-150 for trip and labor.