Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Hello. My Kenmore Elite Ultrawash dishwasher has blinking

Hello. My Kenmore Elite Ultrawash dishwasher has blinking lights on the console. Sometimes it's just the smart wash light, sometimes it's multiple lights when I try to start the dishwasher. It did work once since this happened, but now it won't start, only cancel and drain.
Can you help?

You have a bad touch pad .

What color is the console on your model?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The dishwasher is black; the console is black. Do you think I can do this myself if I can order the part?

Yes you can replace the console , if you open the door you will see the screws on the outside of the door lip

Remove the top six screws and the console flips down , just unmount the control board and replace the console ,and reinstall the control board and then button it back up Basic hand tools the screws are torx T-15 screws

here is a link to the part .

http://www.searspa rtsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Kenmore-elite-Parts/Dishwasher-Parts/W10083047/0022/665/Model-66513419K701/0583/0130000?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=66513419K701&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=KENMORE ELITE&modelDesc=DISHWASHER&blt=11