S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance

I have a Maytag Neptune front loading washer. Today water

I have a Maytag Neptune front loading washer. Today water started slowly running into the washer when it was not on. I saw water leaking out of the door and opened the door and water flooded out. I noticed a small amount of water flowing down from the inside top of the washer near the front. Any ideas why it is doing this and how to make sure it does not do it again? It is 5 1/2 yrs old

Thank you

Clayton
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 3 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. The problem here is the water valve. When the seat inside the valve gets worn it will start to let water trickle in. the only way to fix this is to replace the water valve. In the mean time till you are able to replace the valve you want to turn the water to the washer off. this will keep it from flooding the house. I can get you the part number if you give me the model number which is found on the rear of the unit.

Customer :

is it hard to replace? I am fairly handy.

S.E.Thomas :

No it is not a real big job. I need the model number to know which washer you have.

S.E.Thomas :

there are many different neptunes

Customer :

the model # XXXXX XXXXX the last letter is hard to read it is wearing off

Customer :

still there?

S.E.Thomas :

yes

S.E.Thomas :

This part can be found at www.appliancepartspros.com

S.E.Thomas :

To replace turn the water off and remove

S.E.Thomas :

the water lines

S.E.Thomas :

then remove the screw holding the valve mounting plate in.

S.E.Thomas :

then simply unplug and remove the hose from the rear of the valve and replace

Customer :

almost sounds too easy

S.E.Thomas :

lol, its not a big job.

Customer :

I'll order the part. my wife will think I'm a genius. thanks for the help

S.E.Thomas :

your welcome and happy holidays!!!!

S.E.Thomas :

please do not for get to accept.

S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance