Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My 4 year old frigidaire affinity front load washer wont complete

My 4 year old frigidaire affinity front load washer won't complete the final spin cycle. It stops with 6 minutes left and beeps like it's finished the cycle (no error message). It leaves the clothes wet. I have cleaned out the drain and the filter inside the washer and it did not fix it. In the wash and rinse cycles I can hear the water draining so it seems to be working OK during those cycles. Any suggestions?

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is actually a problem with the door latch assembly. There is a PTC sensor inside the latch assembly that it checks just before it goes into high speed spin and even though the door is locked, if the PTC sensor doesn't give a good reading, it will stop the cycle and not go into spin. Below is a link to the door latch assembly that you'll need to order and replace to fix the problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
does this assembly go in the door or the washer side of the latch, or is it both. how hard is this to replace?
It's mounted to the back side of the front panel of the washer, not the door.

There is a retainer ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket that you just pry off with a flat head screwdriver, then push the gasket out of the way. Remove the screws going into the latch assembly and reach through the door opening to grab the latch and replace it.