esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp

we have a kenmore refrigerator with the acceler-ice ice maker.

Customer Question

we have a kenmore refrigerator with the "acceler-ice" ice maker. It stopped making ice and there is a red light flashing on the ice maker control panel. Is there ice clogged up somewhere or is there something I could trouble shoot?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 5 years ago.
hi in the freezer side to your right there is a blinking red light to your left is a white flap correct
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that is correct.....
ok push the white flap in and hold it for 5 seconds does the red blinking light turn solid red or is it still blinking
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when I hold the flap it turns solid red and when I let it goes back to blinking....

ok that light turning solid red idicates that the transmitter and reciever are working fine , the problem is the thermostat in the icemaker is bad ,which is why it wont send for water , to make ice. replace the icemaker as one piece to fix this problem. pressing accept for my help pays me thnanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not think this is the correct answer. I woke up this morning and it is making ice. Thanks anyway.
that was the thermosta in the icemaker if it decided to work is out of my hands i was just giving the true scenario thats how work good luck