esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp

My Kitchenaid Superba selectra oven stopped working during

My Kitchenaid Superba selectra oven stopped working during Xmas dinner. The control display allowed me to set the temp but then went blank after a few min w/ no heat and no display or button functionality. The convection fan runs constatntly.The stove elements work fine just no oven controls or heat
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 5 years ago.
is the control still blank
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, I have disconnected one side of circuit going to convection fan to stop it from running constatntly.I noticed that my interior oven lights are on but never turned them on last night .
you have a control board relay failure that is the whole problem.. also the board went bad because it lost internal ground. replace it to fix this problem and get everything back to normal. pressing accept for my help pays me thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is this relatively easy to replace myself? Would you know the name of the board i should ask for?
you can replace it yourself not hard and its called erc control board ok