Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

WCVH6800 washer, small amount of water leaking into the pedestal

Customer Question

WCVH6800 washer, small amount of water leaking into the pedestal base. What is problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It's really difficult to just guess or assume where the water is coming from. The best thing to do is to remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel and remove the lower front panel on the washer. Then pull the washer forward and remove the 2 or 3 screws along the back of the top panel. Remove the top panel by pull straight back, up, and off. Run a cycle and see where the water is coming from. The most likely place would be the rubber door gasket in front of the washer tub. If it was coming from this area, you'd just need to repalce the door gasket.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not helpful, I will have a technician look at the washer.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Not sure what you mean by "not helpful" but this is exactly what the technician, I, or anyone else is going to have to do to see what is leaking.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Needed the technician as washerwas under warranty. Will not accept answer or pay. It was NOT door gasket and the water was clean and soapy. There was cracked piece of plastic tubing that the tech said has been common in this model, felt there were a BAD batch of these parts. The piece delivered the soap to the tub. No online answer was going to help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok well good luck.