The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a Kenwood oil filled electric heater, model TRN0812TK,

Customer Question

I have a Kenwood oil filled electric heater, model TRN0812TK, which quit during the night. I have tried resetting it on the plug, to no avail. Is there something that I can do. It is no longer under warranty. Can I fix it myself? If not, where can I take it for repairs in the San Antonio, Texas area?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.
If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't.

The actual wireing of these units is fairly basic to someone that understands electrical circuits. Most any good handypersomn can tear into one of these and tell you what part is bad. Many times it is a bad GFCI in the plug cord. They are not the best quality by any means. You can cut out the GFCI part and wire a new plug onto it if that is the csae. You can try contacting Delonghi and ask what it would cost to have it repaired but I sure that it will not be cost effective to have them repair it.

How do you get service?

If repairs become necessary, see contact information below:

U.S. Residents:

Please contact our toll free hotline at 1-800-322-3848 or log onto our website at

For all accessories, spare parts or replacement parts, please contact our parts division at 1-800-(NNN) NNN-NNNN

This is from the owners manual. Please click here to download a copy.

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not please click on "ACCEPT".
Thank you.