Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

my sharp carousel microwave - powers on, timer starts and

Customer Question

my sharp carousel microwave - powers on, timer starts and runs but doesn't heat up the food?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 5 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX will need the model number for a more complete answer but all microwaves have some common issues that can cause that to happen. First of all the door switches/interlock switches. All microwaves have 2 interlock switches that tell the unit the door is closed and it's ok to heat if one of those fails the unit will do everything but heat. The other component is the control board primary relay. If that fails then no power is being sent to the high voltage components.

Tim Alan :

If you need further assistance let me know otherwise please press the accept button and leave a comment, thank you.

JACUSTOMER-43n1ilt5- :

don't have it with me.

JACUSTOMER-43n1ilt5- :

bought a new microwave and the same thing happen?

JACUSTOMER-43n1ilt5- :

one mouth later

JACUSTOMER-43n1ilt5- :

month

Tim Alan :

I'll be online most of the day and night, whenever you can get it to me just log back in and send it to me. Brand new out of the box with that issue is far too common these days. All microwaves come from over seas and most have components made in China and the control boards are having an extremely high failure rate.

Tim Alan :

Brand new out of the box controls, bad.

JACUSTOMER-43n1ilt5- :

that was a one dollar question\answer..didn't fix my problem.

JACUSTOMER-43n1ilt5- :

not 24

JACUSTOMER-43n1ilt5- :

microwave only worth 80$

JACUSTOMER-43n1ilt5- :

i accepted it but now i'm 24$ deepier in this problem.

Tim Alan :

You made a statement and didn't ask a question, however I did take the time to assist you and I did supply you with the possible causes of your issue. We can only point you in the right direction, and part of what you paid for is technical expertise and experience, it's up to you to actually fix your problem. You haven't accepted anything so if you can't follow through then don't accept and don't pay.