Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

my gallery frigidaire gas range oven door wont close....the

my gallery frigidaire gas range oven door won't close....the display says it's locked but is there something I can do to get it to unlock so I can close it?
Model is FGF376CESN Serial VF91910716
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

Is the lock engaged?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, the latch is in the lock position so the door won't close.
Ok try this

Unplug the oven, have one person push in the oven light switch and the cancel button at the same time, then while that person is holding in the two buttons have another person plug in the power cord. Keep the buttons held for 10 seconds then release them. The oven lock should disengaged and the problem fixed.

If this fails to clear the problem it may be that the control board is frozen. Unplug the unit for 24 hours, this will clear the memory and internal battery and set the oven back to factory default. After this the lock should disengage.

Should the problem still exist after this then the problem will be with the lock assembly. The motor and switches should be tested with an ohms meter and the defective part replaced.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.