Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands

Our Bosch SHU43C dishwasher will not drain. We have looked

Our Bosch SHU43C dishwasher will not drain. We have looked in the large and small filters, stuck a small wire down the hole to try to clear it, but nothing. We also used Draino that is just setting in the bottom now (which I now know was not a good idea). I have taken the lower front panel off to see if the hose is kinked but I don't see much. Please help. Megan P
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 3 years ago.

Repairman1981 :

If you remove the inner filter

Repairman1981 :

You will see a screw (t20) in the bottom holding the cover to the drain pump down

Repairman1981 :

Remove that screw and cover see if you can rotate the impeller by hand

Repairman1981 :

Also check for kinks or clogs on the sink end

Repairman1981 :

If there are not any then run the drain cycle and see if water is gurgling in the dishwasher. If it's gurgling there has to be a clog or kink in the line and you will need to uninstall it to see

Repairman1981 :

If it's not gargling then you have a bad pump

Customer :

Because we have and inch or so of water in there I can't see numbers, is it on the left? right?

Repairman1981 :

numbers?

Repairman1981 :

its on the left

Repairman1981 :

it's a t20 size screw

Repairman1981 :

there won't be anything printed there

Customer :

the screws. Also, how do we run the drain cycle?

Repairman1981 :

only scre down in there

Repairman1981 :

Press cancel drain or start a new cycle

Repairman1981 :

Cancel drain works if it's running, starting a new cycle works for about 30 seconds

Customer :

We tried to run a cycle last night without dishes and nothing happened, didn't overflow either.

Customer :

screws and cover removed, "impeller" rotating by hand. still clogged. No kinks on the sink end

Repairman1981 :

try and see if it runs with power

Customer :

it runs with power

Repairman1981 :

then you have a kinked or clogged line you will need to pull the dishwasher to access behind the line

Repairman1981 :

If it's running and not kinked or clogged where you can see you will have to uninstall the dishwasher and blow the hose out fully

Repairman1981 :

you can remove it easily once the dishwasher and blow through the hose easily

Customer :

Thats what all the websites indicated too. So we can just pull the dishwasher out, un-kink the hose and put the dishwasher back?

Repairman1981 :

yes if you have a flex water line, and long enough electrical, if not you have to disconnect these items

Repairman1981 :

Once you do then it just slides out

Repairman1981 :

did you need any other help on this one/

Experience: 7 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands