S.E.Thomas
S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance

I have a Maytag Neptune washer with a water leak very near

I have a Maytag Neptune washer with a water leak very near the connection point for the cold water feed house.

Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  S.E.Thomas replied 3 years ago.

S.E.Thomas :

hello, welcome to just answer. my name is XXXXX XXXXX and i will be happy to assist you with your problem. is the water leaking on the outside rear of the washer or the inside rear of the washer? Also did you have the leak before the hoses were changed? Does it leak all the time or only when the washer is turned on?

Customer :

OK. Water leak appears on the outside of the back of the washer, exiting from the metal panel that houses the hot and cold water hoses connections. The hose connections do not show any leaking. If I turn off the cold water feed, the leaking tapers off and stops completely.

S.E.Thomas :

So you are saying that the washer leaks as long as the water is on. Even if the washer is not turned on the water still leaks correct?

Customer :

Correct.

S.E.Thomas :

It seams that your water valve has cracked. This is the only way it could leak with out the washer being turned on. give me one min and i will get you the part number, price, and place to order.

S.E.Thomas :

I need to know the first 2 numbers of the serial number

Customer :

Before I found this website, I disconnected the electricity, and removed the metal plate the holds the hose connections. The part behind the matel plate is mostly blue plastic. Is this the water valve?

S.E.Thomas :

yes that is correct.

Customer :

The serial number is: A9530710EN

S.E.Thomas :

there were two different valves used on this model. this is why i need the serial number to get you the correct part number.

S.E.Thomas :

if you removed this part once then you would know which valve you have. here are the two. these can be ordered from www.appliancepartspros.com at the discounted price shown.

S.E.Thomas :

as you can see they are clearly different. order the one that matches yours.

Customer :

Well, I did not completely remove it. Just enough to see the connection on the other side of the plate.

Customer :

It looks like part number AP4029160

Customer :

Do you recommend that I turn on the cold water line, without reconnecting the electricity, to see if the water leak is clearly at this blue connection?

S.E.Thomas :

yes you can do that but there is no other way for it to leak. unplug the unit and remove the plate so you can see the valve and turn the water on.

Customer :

OK. I will try that.

Customer :

BTW, I spent over $150 today to have a service guy come out, tell me I needed new hoses, and it still leaked.

Customer :

I will verify the leak at the valve, order the part, and feel like I did something. Finally.

Customer :

Thanks!

S.E.Thomas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 16 yrs in the field and current owner of S.E.Thomas appliance