esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp

My Jenn.Air Range (JES9900BCS) shows error code, ee214 m214,

My Jenn.Air Range (JES9900BCS) shows error code, ee214 m214, i've tried replacing the Electrical Control (CNTRL-ELEC,Part# XXXXX), but it did not help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 3 years ago.

esequiel walker :

hi did you replace the touchpad

Customer :

no the electronic control unit

Customer :

as i send in the question, i replaced the Electrical Control (CNTRL-ELEC,Part# XXXXX),

esequiel walker :

ok i went to 3 sites and they state that the touchpad assembly should be changed as they work together

Customer :

i've done alot of looking at sites and they all but one said replace the control unit, the other said replace the control pad

esequiel walker :

if you replaced the board and its doing the samething that tells me the old board was good

Customer :

yes

Customer :

how sure are you the control pad will fix it?

Customer :

do you have the service manual?

esequiel walker :

sir there is absolutely nothing else electrical or electronic that controls the board and functions but the touchpad

Customer :

that's what i thought

esequiel walker :

(The manufacturer has replaced part number 74011546 with this item, part number 8507P234-60

Customer :

i have part number W10206064 too

Customer :

was it wrong to replace the electronic control box first?

Customer :

(thanks for the other part number)

esequiel walker :

no it wasnt its always the first thing that goes bad but i always replace the touchpad because they plug in together and the control may be giving a false error

esequiel walker :

your welcome

Customer :

will all those parts works (74011546, W10206064 & 8507P234-60)?

esequiel walker :

thats what the manufacturer says it will

Customer :

opps! (work no works)

Customer :

thanks

Customer :

by the way it's madam not sir

esequiel walker :

yes MAAM

esequiel walker :

lol

Customer :

:)

esequiel walker :

sorry

esequiel walker :

how else can i help you

Customer :

well thanks for you help, that part is allot bigger and to replace, but i'm glad nothing else could be wrong

Customer :

one other small question

esequiel walker :

yes

Customer :

can having the extractor fan, unpluged damage the unit?

esequiel walker :

no you mean the down draft

Customer :

yes

Customer :

ok then it must be the pannel

esequiel walker :

no thats just for the heat and grease around the burners

Customer :

i have not installed it yet, and i througth i had maybe damaged the unit that way

esequiel walker :

no not at all this was an electronic issue

Customer :

ok

esequiel walker :

pressing accept for my help pays me thank you maam

Customer :

thanks i will

esequiel walker :

great

Experience: my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp