Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i HAVE A WHIRLPOOL DISHWASHER MODEL du920qwdb4. After the first

i HAVE A WHIRLPOOL DISHWASHER MODEL du920qwdb4. After the first wash, it did not pump and go to the second wash. I have cleaned out the water and checked that everything inside in not clogged (as far as I could see) not loose or broken. I have checked the circuit at the box. It was fine. I switched it off and on again. I then attempted to restart the appliance on any function. Nothing. No sound. The lights light and then go out. No other kitchen lights or applicanes are out. Ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

So you have no lights or anything on the panel at all? Nothing lights up?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ALL THE LIGHTS LIGHT UP, ONE AT A TIME OF COURSE WHEN PUSHED. BUT AFTER AN APPROPRIATE WAIT-30 TO 60 SECONDS, NOTHING HAPPENS. NO SOUND. NOTHING.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay so if the keypad is responding lighting up when you press the buttons, the control board has failed, it will need to be replaced this is inside the door, they are showing a retrofit board for this machine, but is no longer available from what I'm seeing, it must've had many problems with these boards and stopped making them, the original borders no longer available either what I can tell, how old is this unit?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i DON'T KNOW THE AGE. IS THERE ANYTHING ON THE FACEPLATE THAT WOULD GIVE US A CLUE.

aNYWAY, THIS LOOKS BAD, LIKE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A NEW APPLIANCE.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

SO WHAT IS YOUR ADVICE?

TRY TO FIND ANOTHER USED ONE AND REMOVE THE BOARD?

bUY A NEW ONE?

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Sorry I had to step out, at this point the parts are no longer available this means the machine is at least quite a few years old, you can try and find a used board chances though you won't, sorry, you can try shutting the power off at the breaker for 5 min. and back on again see if it resets, sometimes you get lucky but I can't promise anything, my advice is to buy a new machine at this point, stick with whirlpool, don't buy a Frigidaire these do not wash very well at all and have a lot of problems, I wish I could do more but there's not much else to do, thanks and happy holidays, Bryan