Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do I get a range off locked position I cannot find my

How do I get a range off locked position? I cannot find my manual.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do you have the make and model number? Is it door closed and locked?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I cannot tell you because the door is completely locked. We bought it about two years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Can you at least tell me what make this is? Whirlpool, Kenmore, GE,?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Whirlpool. Sorry I thought they would have informed you what www, I went in under. Thanks.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, this is a tough one because it's locked in and unable open it to get me the model number does this have a bottom drawer? If so can you pull it open and see if there's a model number tag on the left or the right side?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ou do know what you are talking about. Why did I not think of that Model: RF265LXTB3 Serial: RW(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay thanks, that's the model number okay the good news is I believe your lock mechanism assembly is in the rear of the oven behind it which is easier to get to at least get it open so you can use it, I'm going to look up diagrams and I'll be back to tell you how to at least get this running until you can order a new lock mechanism which is what your problem is, this is a common failure on these, give me a little bit and I'll get back to you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan: I can now open the door but cannot get the loc mechanism off. I need to bake so can you tell me how to override this now since the door opens. Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Your lock assembly is number 40 on this diagram, what you need to do is pull the range out unplug it and on the back left corner you will see a cover over this assembly, it'll have a rod that goes to the heart that locks the door, you will need to take the lock motor off and turned this by hand until the rod unlocks the door and the micro switch is in the proper position so the oven will run, then you will need to replace the lock assembly when it comes in, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock-Motor-and-Switch-Assembly/1206477?modelNumber=RF265LXTB3 here's the diagram,

hope this helps well wishes and happy holidays, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan: Did you get my question? Thanks a lot for an answer.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Yes I got your question, did you get my answers,? What you need to do is get the microswitch on the door latch assembly into the position where you are able to use the oven in other words the microswitch has to be out, the little nub has to be out so the switch sends power back to your clock and you're able to use the oven again, the switch is probably pushed in at this point and needs to be out, it's kind of hard to explain but when you look at these pictures you will see two microswitch is of course you only have one on your assembly but you can see on the right side the nub is sticking out that's in the out position that's the way you switch has to be it's probably pushed in by the cam you need to get that switch in the out position, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan: I got a message on the machine. FSE1 What does that mean? Thanks, B
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

That's F5E1 and that's a door lock mechanism ,

F5 E116Door latch not operatingCheck that door switch is completely closed. Check latch, solenoid, and actuation switch for electrical or mechanical malfunction.

You need to reset that switch like it shows it in the picture above you can see that the cam is not touching the switch which is the position that has to be in for the oven to work, it could be that the switch itself is failed if it's in the out position in the oven is not working in you getting the code either way will need to replace the latch assembly, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan: I finally got smart and turned off the main switch in the main. It took it off and now I just hit bake. Wish me well. I hope it works. Thanks for your patience. B
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
You're very welcome if this happens to work it may happen again however then you will need to replace the lock assembly unless you already moved the lock assembly to the open position where it needed to be in that case is still going to have to replace the lock assembly thank you so much have a great day, Bryan