Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My LG WM0532HW front load washer wont turn on. No power up

Customer Question

My LG WM0532HW front load washer won't turn on. No power up when I hit the power button. I have confirmed power to the outlet. Its on a 20 amp circuit. Is there a reset button or fuse somewhere? Thanks in advance.

Jim
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There is no reset button of fuse that will cut power to the unit. Unfortunately if you're certain that the unit is getting 120 volts, it means that your main control board on the back of the dryer is shorted and will need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is a washing machine. Does that make any difference? Also, I took the control unit off the unit to expose the circuit board. I found what looks like a fuse. It is dark on one end. Could this be the issue?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Sorry I don't know why I said "dryer" but I meant washer. And the fuse on the board could be the issue but that fuse only goes bad if the control board has a problem with it. Also, the fuse isn't really meant to be replaced, it doesn't just clip in and out because if it goes bad it means there's a reason for it on this unit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The washer also showes an LE code from time to time. Could this LE code and the circuit board be related?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
it could be but LE means that your control board things your motor is surging. So if the LE is showing all the time then you need a new control board. If it only happens when you start a cycle then you may need a new motor.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Control Board it is!! Bummer!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
alright well I wish you the best luck.