Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Bosch SHX46L dishwasher. Yesterday, I had a plug in

I have a Bosch SHX46L dishwasher. Yesterday, I had a plug in the drain of my disposal and the dishwasher overflowed. The drain line is now clear. The dishwasher will not fill and a small amount of water stays in the bottom filter area. I have cleaned the drain filters. Is the float valve stuck? Where is it and how do I reset it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Okay there is water under the machine in the base pan, the float is up and won't allow any water to go in to the machine until this is cleared out, you'll need to pull a machine out and go into the side either using a small towel to sop up or a small wet back with a long needle nose end and get all the water out from under the machine, there is a Styrofoam float under there that is up, the float is number 0528 on this diagram,

once you get that done this should run fine hope this helps thanks, Bryan