Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Removal of the drain cover in a Whirlpool dishwasher that no

Removal of the drain cover in a Whirlpool dishwasher that no longer cleans properly.
we need to access the pump but cannot unfasten it after removing the circular section
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Watch this video below to see how to take your dishwasher apart. It will show you how to do everything step by step. That dome that you're trying to remove has a prong on the top that you may need to use a needle nose pliers to pull straight up on hard to remove.

Click here

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We need to get to the impeller or pump motor to make sure it is not blocked. We did clean the strainer/basin earlier.
The lower basin had only an inch of water in the area before the pump. Some food debris and an olive pit but relatively little
You can't access the impeller, you'd need to remove the motor under the entire dishwasher to see impeller.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We are re-assembling within the unit to run it and will report back to you shortly.
ok well good luck.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
just for the record I think that the wash motor has gone as we are getting the right noises but not the spraying of water
I would say that's correct. If you remove the motor make sure the impeller is still attached to the motor. Sometimes the impeller just breaks and falls off. If so, all you need is an impeller. Otherwise, order the circulation motor and it will come with a new impeller and a motor and everything.