Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag Super Capactity Plus gas range (model #MGR5770BDQ).

I have a Maytag Super Capactity Plus gas range (model #MGR5770BDQ). Can you tell me how to relight the pilot light?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Are you talking about the oven pilot? If so this doesn't have a pilot it has an electronic igniter,

let me know thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think you're right. We had a small fire in the oven recently that we had to put out with an exstinguisher, now the oven won't turn on. Any suggestions, or do we need a technician to take a look? Thanks.

Well you can replace the igniter yourself, it's not too difficult to do, you can order it online or pick it up at a local warehouse if you have one nearby, there are just two wires to it and two screws holding it in, you have to remove the bottom plate inside the oven there are usually two screws at the back inside the oven you remove and lifted up from the back and slide it out from under the front the igniter will be there underneath that, if you wish to order this online here is a link to do so.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Hot-Surface-Glow-Bar-Igniter/3377?modelNumber=MGR5770BDQ it runs around $42, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok, thanks
You're very welcome, well wishes and happy holidays, thanks, Bryan