Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag Neptune electric dryer that stoppede working.

I have a Maytag Neptune electric dryer that stoppede working. The diagnostic code says "6-Non-vol.mem err" What does this mean and is it expensive to fix? The cycle count on the dryer shows 4641, so I am thinking it may be near/at the end of its life. Should I just get a new one? Thanks

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do you have a full model number? Most likely a control board is shot, this can be very expensive but I can't look it up one up the full model number, if you can get that to me over glad to look it up for you, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model number MD 7500. Thanks again
Is that all there is to the model number? Can you recheck it? It should be inside the door on a tag, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry. Got that one off of the information packet. Full model number MDE7500AYW
Okay great, his the control board,this is extremely expensive $383 you may want to replace this machine at this point, hope this information is helpful, thanks, Bryan