Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I heard a LOUD noise from my washer while washing towels, the

I heard a LOUD noise from my washer while washing towels, the washer was in the spin (fI found there is a HOLEnal) cycle. I immediately shut off washer. Removed the still wet towels, tried the washer again with cold water only, within 10 found water al over laundry room floor and with further investigation, water on the floor of storage room beneath laundry room, with my son's help, I found a HOLE in the tub of the washer leaking, running water on floor

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you recheck the model number? It's not coming up, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model #WDRR2500K3WW
Okay great, is there a hole in the tub itself? Can you see the hole,?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes there is a Hole you can see

That's not good, the top assembly would need to be replaced, this is no simple job either, the pot runs around $164 but the entire machine has to come apart to replace it, usually this is a job for technician. If you wish to order the top assembly though here's a link to do so, er-Parts/WH45X10024/0026/363/Model-WDRR2500K3WW/0432/0153200?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=0153200&searchModelNumber=WDRR2500K3WW&subCompDesc=Tub,%20basket%20&%20agitator&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=WASHER&blt=11 it's part number 317 on this diagram,hope this information is useful, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just purchased this machine in April of 2010 and had the transmission and motor replaced nov. 2 2010, that was still under warrenty, Shouldn't this be covered?

The Tub should be covered under the warranty if it is this new, I would call GE and tell them what the problem is I believe the tub is covered for five years, they should replace it for you at no cost, thanks, Bryan