Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

JEC9536BDB - Hi, I purchased this Jenn-Air Electric Radiant

JEC9536BDB - Hi, I purchased this Jenn-Air Electric Radiant Cooktop last year & just woke up & discovered that my front right burner is not working. When I turn the knob, it makes the usual sound, as if burner is about to get hot. But burner doesn't. All other burners work. Please help! Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Hi this is Bryan, when you say this makes the usual sound how do you mean? You hear a click? Do you have a voltmeter? And tools to take this apart?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
By usual, I mean it clicks & the fan comes on. I don't know what a voltmeter is, so I'm sure I don't have the ability to take it apart.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay this is a dual burner correct? There are really only two parts that could be the issue in this one is the burner itself and the other is the infinite switch, this is the burner,

my guess is however because neither high nor low works or in other words the inner or outer part of the burner doesn't come on at all it's the infinite switch,either way to be sure you would need a voltmeter in be able to take this apart to test these, you may need to call for a service tech at this point, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do u suggest that I call jenn air directly? Or a local (Westchester County, NY) appliance repair company?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well you should use an authorized Jenn air technician, usually when you call them they will give you an authorized dealer near you, I would contact Jenn air directly, this way you don't get a fly-by-night service company that may not do the job correctly, hope this helps, thanks Bryan