Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE Space Saver Microwave installed approx. 1980 took the 4

GE Space Saver Microwave installed approx. 1980 took the 4 bolts loose on the top but will not come out. Seems like a bolt is still holding the unit in the middle in the back as I can rock it a little and it drops about a 1/2 to 3/4 on one side and I can barely get my fingers on the right side looking at it. I unscrewed the botXXXXX XXXXXght housing and I don't see any bolt what am I missing or still have to unscrew?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you open the door and get me the full model # XXXXX the inside on the side wall?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm waiting for my neighbor to wake up she's 80 some as it is only 5:00 in Calif. helping her out. Here we go JVM48003 Manufactured in July 1982 this is what's on the tag.

Thanks Wayne

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay Wayne, just let me know when you're ready I may be off for a little bit that have some lunch but I'll be back, in the meantime I'll take a look at your model thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'll take the vent off the front top and also the botXXXXX XXXXXght panel to access the bottom. She just lives across the hall from me.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yeah on those old microwaves there is a handle behind the grill you need to pull to release it, of course hold onto microwave when you do this it will be a little skinny wire type handle you pull forward towards you it's best to push the top of the microwave back as you do this and then let it come down, let me know if that doesn't work, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is it on the top or bottom that wire type handle?