Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Dryer wont start, no light no heat_ADE7000AYW Admiral dryer.

Dryer won't start, no light no heat_ADE7000AYW Admiral dryer. First off, how do I get inside?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Okay this was fairly easy as far as getting into it, what you need to do is about 2 inches in from each side between the top and the front panel here are two clips you need to push in with a putty knife, lifting the top up and letting it lay back against the wall, once that is done in the back right behind the drum in the top is the heating element assembly the thermal fuse which is what's blown on this is on the side of the heater behind the drum, kind hard to get to all send you a diagram in a few minutes in the meantime see if you get the top open please unplug the dryer before attempting this, I'll be back shortly thank you, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I've got the top off, Unplugging the unit was the first thing I did!

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay great some people forget to unplug it just don't want you getting hurt, the thermostat blue one and the yellow one of the ones you are going to use to repair this, I believe these, set , you use two of them, the kit comes with instructions on how to install these, you can purchase this online @ or buy them locally if you have a store close by, the instructions will tell you which two you use, I believe it's the blue and yellow though, this will take care of your problem, well-wishers and thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I got your Emails showing the parts but when I clicked on them for a full view I lost access, it just kept telling me to refresh, should I just try to read the emails later?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Blue one is right on top, where is the yellow one, and how do I get to it.

What caused this to blow? Lent? Should I do a clean out of the inside of the dryer?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry, we're having a little trouble with the site it seems, it's best to clean the dryer vent system out that is usually the cause for these two blow. The yellow one will be on the side of the heater assembly in between the drum and the back wall of the dryer it's hard to see