Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Hotpoint washing machine isnt working. The problem started

My Hotpoint washing machine isn't working. The problem started out as the rinse water filling and not stopping, then it progressed to continuing to empty all the way through the rinse and spin cycle. Then it stopped spinning and now it won't agitate during a wash cycle either and it won't fill with water. I'm thinking timer? I don't want to spend $127 if that's not it.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.
you need to replace your water level sensor,this is what tells the washer to agitate and spin,it will also cause the washer to overfill this part is $33.45 at replacing this part should take care of your problem this is located in the control panel, is the part you turn for your water level, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does it just plug in like the timer? I've already got the control panel off. But I was concentrating on the timer.
Yes it just plugs in, if it has separate wires take one off at a time and put them on the new part to the same connectors, this is easy to replace, thanks, Bryan