Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The drum of my front loading washer (Duet HT - GHW9200LW )

The drum of my front loading washer (Duet HT - GHW9200LW ) whobbles as if it is floating, yet when spinning is balanced and true. Should the drum be like that or is something lose or broken? Also, the door hindge is rusting, which is odd, since it is made of aluminum.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

hi Michael, these drums hang on Springs and the are to shock absorbers that keep the tub from being too loose, one of your shock absorbers may be broken, you need to take the bottom access panel under the door off to check these there will be three screws real close to the floor that are hard to see sometimes you have to lay on the floor to see them take those out the bottom panel will then be able to be removed check the shocking absorbers and see if one is broken,let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Your sentence structure is a bit off...I will give it a try. Will let you know asap.
Do you need diagrams? I can get them for you it will help, let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok...I got the front panel off and found three out of the four shocks disconnected. One one them is broken, but I think I can fix it with a replacement part. A diagram will help to make sure I don't have any other problems....mike
Sure. On Mike, I will get you a diagram and bring up the parts for you, I had a feeling that's what was going on with yours give me a few minutes and I'll be back, thanks, Bryan
Here's a link to the parts diagram and the parts, the shocks are number 23 on the diagram, click this blue link, you can also order the parts right there, the shock should be the only problem you're having, replace the broken ones and you should be all set, hope this helps, have a great holiday season, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Very good...Ok, can you answer the second part of my question regarding the rust on the door hindge?
Yeah that is a weird problem since these are aluminum, the hinges actually rusting or could it be the screws or the pin? Actually I believe only part of the hinge is aluminum, take a look at this picture and tell me what you think,it appears to be two different types of metal