John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

Hello, I have an Electrolux EW 1080F Front loading washing

Customer Question

Hello, I have an Electrolux EW 1080F Front loading washing machine.
when I go to start a wash cycle. The machine will fill with water, and then maybe wash for a minute or two, and then jump straight to the drain cycle, where it will sit and then reset to the beginning.
Sometimes it will not even start the wash cycle, and will jump straight to the drain cycle.
If I turn off the power & switch it back on I get the E40 error, which on research says that the door is not closed properly. It most certainly is.
I have got thru an odd cycle or two by hitting the pause button when this 'jump to drain' thing happens, and then reseting the cycle and re-hitting the pause button, but it is very hit and miss.
I have checked the water lines for kinks, and the drain pump for blockages and found none
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 5 years ago.

gst85 :

hi there

gst85 :

hi are you there