Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Jenn Air Gas Range Electronic Touch Control 800. Touch

Customer Question

I have a Jenn Air Gas Range Electronic Touch Control 800. Touch panel works for cooking, but can't set time or reset clock. Is there a way to fix this without replacing th whole panel? Somehing I can do myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do you have a model number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, so when you try to set the oven it doesn't work either? The keys don't respond?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Only the Timer, Clock, and Cook&Hold buttons do not work (buttons located under digital display in middle of touchpad). All other buttons operate correctly.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well, it sounds like the keypad is faulty, you can try using HQ contact cleaner you can get this at Lowe's or RadioShack and unplug the keypad from the clock sometimes the contacts get dirty and need to be cleaned try that before ordering a new keypad, hope this helps thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have removed the backpanel and there is not a "plug in" from the clodk to the keypad. There is a circuitry board with several connections. Do I need to remove the entire bacak panel of the range instead of just behind the display panel?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Is this keypad part of the clock itself? It's hard to tell on the diagram if so you will need to replace the clock to repair this, there may be a ribbon or connection you can't see going from the touch pad to the clock, it looks like the clock doesn't have buttons on it itself is a picture of the clock, if you look at the other picture I'm showing you it's the backside of the clock if you look to the right of the picture this should be to wiring connections on the two black connectors on the left side, this should be the ribbon,let me know

Edited by Bryan on 12/8/2010 at 11:37 PM EST
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are ribbons coming out of the right side of the circuitry board (view from behind stove after removing panel). I unplugged all items on circuitry board and replugged them in. All seems clean but still same situation
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok the key pad needs to be replaced. sometimes steam from the oven will cause these to fail, thanks, Bryan