Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My dishwasher worker fine when it works. It is a MayTag dishwasher

Customer Question

My dishwasher worker fine when it works. It is a MayTag dishwasher MDBH 945Aww3 Ny2216203. When you push the button to turn it on it only comes on about every seven days or so. The rest of the time 3 very dim lights come on where normally they are bright green. The rest of the little lights do not come on. Can you tell me anything?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Let me take a look at your model number and I'll get back to you shortly thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
MDBH945AWWE it could be MOBH945AWW3

NY2216203 is also on label.
The following numbers are also on the label:
E71195 Type 777-0

May Tag Legacy Series
Quiet Series 200

About 1 1/2 years old.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay got it, let me take a look at the machine and I'll be back in a bit
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm just checking to see if we have any answers yet?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry, I get tied up, what happens when you press the keypad? Does it respond? Do the lights light up when you push the buttons? Or do they not respond at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They flicker dimly with no other response. No they do light up.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
You'll need to replace the keypad, strange your model number is XXXXX up an Amana dish washer Amana is made by Maytag is this an Amana does your panel look like this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, picture does not match but is similiar. Send me an email at: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and I'll send you a picture.

No, it is an Amana but a May Tag. I re-check the model #

and it is: MDBH945AWW3

NY2216203 is also on label.
E71195 Type 777-0

May Tag Legacy Series
Quiet Series 200

About 1 1/2 years old.

Do you have a source that you recommend for the keypad?

Thanks

PMD

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Got it, I believe this is your control panel, sorry for some reason they came up wrong the first time, anyway you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-and-Control-Panel/1469725?modelNumber=MDBH945AWW hope this helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so very much. I'll check this out and see if it is the right part to fix it and I'll get back to you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Sure just let me know I will be on an off all day in over the weekend, I will be leaving tomorrow around 2 PM I have to drive to Baltimore and pick up my daughter in new grandson, I will be back by maybe 11 AM Saturday, just let me know in the meantime it is anything else I can do, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bryan,

I appreciate your efforts. The cost of the push button panel was $145.00. I could not find a used one. I decided it was not worth the gamble to order it and then it not work. I bought a new machine and this time I got five years warranty. I am accepting your answer - we still don't know if that would have fixed the machine. But you tried! Thanks a milllion!

Perry M. Dalton
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay I understand, the price of parts today are very expensive and sometimes it's best to replace the machine itself, it was probably a 90% chance it would've fixed it, but there's that 10% that can bite you , thanks and have a great holiday season, Bryan