How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Bryan Your Own Question

Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 11976
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dishwasher worker fine when it works. It is a MayTag dishwasher

Customer Question

My dishwasher worker fine when it works. It is a MayTag dishwasher MDBH 945Aww3 Ny2216203. When you push the button to turn it on it only comes on about every seven days or so. The rest of the time 3 very dim lights come on where normally they are bright green. The rest of the little lights do not come on. Can you tell me anything?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

 

Let me take a look at your model number and I'll get back to you shortly thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
MDBH945AWWE it could be MOBH945AWW3

NY2216203 is also on label.
The following numbers are also on the label:
E71195 Type 777-0

May Tag Legacy Series
Quiet Series 200

About 1 1/2 years old.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay got it, let me take a look at the machine and I'll be back in a bit
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm just checking to see if we have any answers yet?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry, I get tied up, what happens when you press the keypad? Does it respond? Do the lights light up when you push the buttons? Or do they not respond at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They flicker dimly with no other response. No they do light up.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
You'll need to replace the keypad, strange your model number is XXXXX up an Amana dish washer Amana is made by Maytag is this an Amana does your panel look like this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, picture does not match but is similiar. Send me an email at: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and I'll send you a picture.

 

No, it is an Amana but a May Tag. I re-check the model #

and it is: MDBH945AWW3

 

NY2216203 is also on label.
The following numbers are also on the label:
E71195 Type 777-0

May Tag Legacy Series
Quiet Series 200

About 1 1/2 years old.

 

Do you have a source that you recommend for the keypad?

Thanks

PMD

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Got it, I believe this is your control panel, sorry for some reason they came up wrong the first time, anyway you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad-and-Control-Panel/1469725?modelNumber=MDBH945AWW hope this helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so very much. I'll check this out and see if it is the right part to fix it and I'll get back to you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Sure just let me know I will be on an off all day in over the weekend, I will be leaving tomorrow around 2 PM I have to drive to Baltimore and pick up my daughter in new grandson, I will be back by maybe 11 AM Saturday, just let me know in the meantime it is anything else I can do, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 11976
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Bryan and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bryan,

I appreciate your efforts. The cost of the push button panel was $145.00. I could not find a used one. I decided it was not worth the gamble to order it and then it not work. I bought a new machine and this time I got five years warranty. I am accepting your answer - we still don't know if that would have fixed the machine. But you tried! Thanks a milllion!

Perry M. Dalton
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay I understand, the price of parts today are very expensive and sometimes it's best to replace the machine itself, it was probably a 90% chance it would've fixed it, but there's that 10% that can bite you , thanks and have a great holiday season, Bryan

JustAnswer in the News:

 
 
 
Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... Justanswer.com.
JustAnswer.com...has seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like justanswer.com/legal
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.
 
 
 

What Customers are Saying:

 
 
 
  • Thank you for the expeditious answer. It's good to know you're out there and awake in the wee hours when I finally have time to ask questions about my Jenn Air. Jean Riverhead, NY
< Last | Next >
  • Thank you for the expeditious answer. It's good to know you're out there and awake in the wee hours when I finally have time to ask questions about my Jenn Air. Jean Riverhead, NY
  • You did one super job of explaining to me everything there is to know about this fridge. I'm looking forward to asking you questions in the future. Jimmy Bagley, IA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther Woodstock, NY
 
 
 

Meet The Experts:

 
 
 
  • John

    Home Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    13442
    Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
< Last | Next >
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/docjohn174/2008-12-13_170143_johnask.jpg John's Avatar

    John

    Home Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    13442
    Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/tomgoe/2011-01-04_021913_2008-03-03_183612_phpexrmok_c2pm.jpg Tom Goellner's Avatar

    Tom Goellner

    Home Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    1191
    32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/MD/md2020/2012-6-6_20648_Selfpic.64x64.jpg Tyler Z.'s Avatar

    Tyler Z.

    Appliance Doc

    Satisfied Customers:

    51307
    7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/bryanpaul52/2009-2-18_12031_0918081611.jpg Bryan's Avatar

    Bryan

    Home Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    11158
    15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/SM/smitty1486/2011-3-1_0145_Snapshotofme1.64x64.png Kelly's Avatar

    Kelly

    Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    6493
    Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/TH/TheHomeSmithy/2011-8-13_11146_homesmithy.500x500.64x64.jpg The Home Smithy's Avatar

    The Home Smithy

    Home Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    5935
    30 years repairing appliances
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/TE/Teamcold/2012-6-15_15028_HomeRepairsquarecopy.64x64.jpg Barry G.'s Avatar

    Barry G.

    Home Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    5039
    27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.