Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an Electric Self-Cleaning oven with an F-1 alarm light

I have an Electric Self-Cleaning oven with an F-1 alarm light and whenever it is plugged in the heating grid goes red hot and will not turn off. The oven cleaning lock is in th elocked psition but the door is not locked. Can you help?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do you have a model number? What brand is this?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is a Kenmore abbout 10 years old. I cannot find a model number plate or anything on it.
Is this a wall oven or a freestanding range?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Free standing range with warmer drawer on bottom and 4 cooking grids on the top.

I looked again thru my paperwork and find an install manual it refers to a P/N XXXXXXXXX I have a repair parts list which shows 4 numbers: 790.93771100, three more models the same but for the last 4 digits, 2100,7100,8100 those may be model numbers.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, I have detail read the service data sheet and it seems all fingers point to rplace EOC. Electronic Oven control.
Okay this range is made by Frigidaire, this is the meaning of the code
F0 & F1 EOC (Electronic Oven Control) failure Replace ERC

Let me see if I can find the ERC for you, give me a few minutes and I'll be back, thanks