Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My kenmore top load 90 series / model

My kenmore top load 90 series / model
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
what is this not doing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Everything on the washer appears to work fine, however when it comes to the spin cycle it is very loud and when it completes the cycle the tub makes a even louder noise and appears to freewheel, before it comes to a stop.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok if you lift the lid can get me the model # XXXXX the back, in the middle?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Model #110.26901692

Also there is a video on the you tube site depicting exactly what my washer is doing, maybe if you watch the video it will help you to determine my problem.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
when you reach in and turn the tub is it loose? can you get me the link to the you tube video? there are a lot of them on there.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I believe your spanner nut that holds the tub is loose click this link to see a video on that, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Spanner-Nut/3324 thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I just try and tighten this nut, or will I need to purchse a new one?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well usually they just get loose, you will need a spanner wrench to tighten this though, you can get this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Spanner-Wrench/1021707 for $13.45, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I disassembled the agitator assmbly , and can see the spanner nut = but it seems to be tight?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
oak, move the tub back and forth, does is t move, sorta like tilting it back and forth?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes, it moves back and forth
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes, it moves back and forth

when you pick up on the sides of the tube there is s slight up / down movement.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok, you need to replace both the drive block and the spanner nut, thats the drive block, and it comes with a video also, click here, this is what connects the tub to the transmission shaft. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I cant get the video.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Larry told me you were looking for me but I didn't get the message until after you pressed except for him, this means I didn't get paid for helping you, if you wish you can press except now for me and ask for a refund on the other question,, well wishes and thanks, Bryan