Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE profile dishwasher, model # PDW9280j03ss. My wife

Customer Question

I have a GE profile dishwasher, model # XXXXX My wife came home and it was making a high pitch noise and would not do anything else. Buttons on door do not respond and noise only goes away when power is off at the breaker. Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  servicegeek replied 6 years ago.
Hey i will help you. If the buttons are not responding and the unit just keeps making the noise from the control panel, it sounds like a bad control board. Normally turning the breaker off would reset the board,but you have been turning the breaker off and it still makes the noise.I would replace the board and it should take care of the problem.The part number on the control board is #wd21x10216 and retails for around $160 dollars.Hope this helps and please remember to click accept.Thanks David
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Replaced the control board, no joy. Still getting the same high pitch noise. It is actually coming from the little piece on the control board that is for an alarm of some sort. Any other ideas?
Well if it is coming from the alarm on the control board,replacing that part should have fixed it. I really dont know of anything else that could cause this . I will opt out and maybe someone else will have a idea.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Try unplugging the Vent driver asm, from the board see if the noise stops, let me know thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No change. Still get the alarm.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

when you have this apart you say it sounds like it comming from the board? you sure?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is coming from the little round piece on the board, it is in the top middle. If I push on it a little, it affects the sounds.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay, I believe the keypad is causing this,there is a key sticking it's making a high pitch sound because one of the keys is shorted, you have replaced the control board so we know that's not it, there's not much else, is that, I have seen this before, the key is sending a signal to the board intermittently causing the sound, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just so you know. It worked with the new key pad. Nothing on the old one sticks out to say here was the problem. I had disconnected it during the initial trouble shooting, but that made no difference. Just wanted to say thanks before I hit the accept answer button. $275.00 to fix in all, but better then $600 for a new dishwasher.