Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello. I have a 11 year old PRG48. The ovens were rarely used.

Hello. I have a 11 year old PRG48. The ovens were rarely used. I cannot get the main oven to predictably go above 300 degrees. But occasionally it does, however. There are two thermometers used to check and the Oven Heating Light also never turns off when I set a temperature above 300. The smaller oven (I don't think its ever been used) also cannot get hot enough. Suggestions? Thanks

Update: Turned on the Convection fan and temperature went down to 250 on a 400 setting. Now putting the roast in the toaster oven....:(

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

theres more to the model # XXXXX you get the rest off the oven itself? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't find any markings on the range itself. The manual indicates: Thermador PRG484GG.
That numbers the right number, let me check the model and I'll be back shortly thanks Bryan
Sorry this site was having problems, I believe the problem is the oven igniter itself, see if you can check this by lifting the bottom of the oven up and see if this lights bright, after it does if it does how long does it take before the flame comes on? And does the flames stay on?