Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi this is walter martin again and have a question I checked

Hi this is XXXXX XXXXX again and have a question I checked the fan by the cooling coils and it will not run I tested it direct and nothing so does the fan help control the freezer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

are you talking about the fan in the freezer or the one by the compressor?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm talking about the one in the freaser
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok, did you test power to the fan in the freezer? put a volt meter on it and see if its getting 110 volts?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes I did and there was nothing what shuod Ido
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok . did you push the door light switch in to see if that makes a difference? do you get power to the fan if you do that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I did that too I thought it might Stuck
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok on some of these model the fan runs threw the defrost thermostat, was there a lot of frost on the coils when you pull the panel?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes the coils were covered with frost and the gentalman I talk to last night . and we went through everything except the fan and I found that this morning
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok you need to replace the defrost thermostat, this is clipped to the top of the coils, you can test if its the problem by unplugging the refrigerator and cutting the two wires going to it, (far enough back so you can reconnect it if its not the issue,) leave yourself enough wire, strip the wires and connect them together, if the fan runs when you plug it back in and turn it on, replace the thermostat.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
did you try that?