Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

i have a Viking double oven that takes too long to preheat.Model

Customer Question

i have a Viking double oven that takes too long to preheat.Model number is XXXXX Ideas.Thermostat and pre heatr board already replaced by local servicer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do both ovens take too long to heat? And if you look inside the oven when it's preheating, do the bake elements glow the entire time they are preheating?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok then the unit it working completely fine. It may be slow to you to be preheating, but if the bake element is glowing the entire time, that's all the faster the unit can preheat. The oven takes about 20-25 minutes to preheat and that is completely normal for this oven. The difference in time just depends on your altitude, it takes longer to preheat at a higher altitude.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
My oven never did take this long to preheat before.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
I have no idea how long your oven is taking to preheat but like I said, it is designed to take about 20-25 minutes. If it's taking longer than that and the bake element is on all the time, maybe replace the hinges so that it pulls the door tighter because maybesome of the the heat is escaping. There is no thing else the oven can do to heat the oven quicker if the element is on all the time.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My manuel says 15-18 mins not 20-25 to pre heat ovens!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
I didn't just pull 20-25 minutes out of the air. I'm a technician for them, I know how long it takes to heat the oven reguardless of what the manual says.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok let me call Viking and let them know that you said their manuel is wrong.The oven is 5 years old and never took this long too pre heat before.Another tech said to check the blowers?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Your answer is wrong.I had Viking factory service out today.They say the same as my manuel does.They replaced the pre heat board and now the oven pre heats just as the manuel indicates.They said always call factory service.Sunwest Viking is there name.Tech was Brent.Thanks for nothing but attitude.