Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an older Jenn Air model SEG 196 with the self cleaning

I have an older Jenn Air model SEG 196 with the self cleaning oven. the lock mechanism for the the self cleaning does not lock. when I turn the cleaning dials to clean and slide the locking mechanism the stove makes a buzzing sound and it wont fully lock. What is causing this and how hard is it to fix myself.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

you need to replace the lock solenoid, you can order this @ http: //www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Jenn-air-Parts/Range-Parts/Y702526/0022/464/Model-SEG196/1266/0122008?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=0122008&searchModelNumber=SEG196&subCompDesc=Internal%20controls&brandDesc=JENN-AIR&modelDesc=SLIDE-IN-RANGE&blt=11 this will fix your issue, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do I do it
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you need to go into where the lock assembly is , I cant tell by the diagrams whether theres a grill you have to remove, heres a link to all the diagrams I can get. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Jenn-air-Parts/Range-Parts/Model-SEG196/1266/0122008?pathTaken= hope that helps, thanks Bryan